Election Related Class Activities
These are some election related class activities/assignments that can be used in social work classes.
1) Require students to work on a campaign. Leave the choice of candidates up to them, but ask for a narrative of what they did for the campaign. Ask how they applied their community organization/policy practice skills in the campaign.
2) Critique campaign websites.
3) Plan a mock campaign.
4) Examine your state's PACE allocations. Did the candidates win or lose? Do they support social work?
5) Select a candidate. Where did this person get money for their campaign? Who are their competitors? Where did their money come from?
6) Who votes for social work? Trace legislative votes of lawmakers on issues important to social workers.
7) Fact Check Candidate Claims.
(c) 2006-2023 by John G. McNutt. All Rights Reserved. Limited Permission is Granted for Reproduction for Non-Commercial Educational Purposes provided that the material remain in its original form and proper credit is extended. Disclaimer: The content of all linked sites are beyond my control and I assume no responsibility for their content. mcnuttjg (a) udel dot edu Revised 03/03/23